Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Burger joint murals

Recently I was commissioned to create four black and white comicbook murals for a new chain of healthy burger joints here in Australia. The guys from Grill'd gave me four titles (Living Proof, Writing on the Wall, The Invisible is Real and Hand Made) which I had to interpret into art how I saw fit. They were pretty open to interpretation so you'll notice I've also included all the ideas I roughed out to get to the final four.

My work for Grill'd was recently mentioned in these articles-
http://www.desktopmag.com.au/news/the-grilld-collective/
http://www.franchise.net.au/Article/Young-designers-on-display-at-Grill-d-flagship-store/524478.aspx
http://www.australiancreative.com.au/news/grill-d-s-burger-with-a-side-of-design

Living Proof

Writing on the Wall

The Invisible is Real

Hand Made

Roughs

How they appear in the restaurant-

17 Comments:

Blogger Mardo said...

I would really love to see these in person.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

that's one of many great things that burger joints don't have!!! I guess I gotta move to Australia to enjoy a burger!---great work!!!!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Damion009 said...

man oh man... I LOVE THE ANGELS. your a mad man!

8:44 AM  
Blogger retromancy said...

These look great Chris - I pop into Grill'd for lunch now and then, so I'll have to keep an eye out - are they going up in all the franchises?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

So great things ... !!!!
I love dat .. I want one in my house .. ;)

2:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My name is Denaro and I've been following your blog for a while and I really like your stuff! I look forward to seeing what else you cook up!
http://denarotaylor.blogspot.com/

Peace,
Denaro Taylor

4:34 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks everyone! Always good to hear from you all.

retromancy- The photo on the blog is from their Melbourne store, and they also have my art up in the Darling Harbour, Sydney store as well. There's a bunch of other Sydney stores and I assume they're there as well, but I haven't visited them.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Rasmane said...

These illustrations make me question whether I’m smart enough to eat at this place!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Taylor S Smith said...

Thanks for sharing, Chris! Especially the roughs. It's fun to see the creative process and the different concepts that could have been used.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Mathieu Reynès said...

Great works ! :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks guys!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Ryan Harrington said...

I love the "writing on the wall". What a great gig. Im impressed!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Ryan!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Bernd Ertl said...

Great job, imaginative, terrific execution, in short: another true WAHL!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Business For Sale Australia said...

Awesome pictures!!!These are eye catching.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous business for sale said...

pretty cool commission to just interpret those for lines and turn them into art. really like the message you came up with for writing on the wall.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Perth Business Ideas said...

I like the different concept here & you have a brilliant idea.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners