Wednesday, May 03, 2006

X-men convention poster


This was done for 1998's Ozcon comic convention which took place here in Sydney, Australia. This was before my computer colouring days, so it's coloured traditionally with colour markers and airbrush over a black and white photocopy.



Looking at it now there are a few wonky bits- Storm's got no neck, and her breast's are too high and Wolverine's leg positioning looks a bit odd, but I'd be worried if I didn't see any errors in my work after eight years of trying to improve.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Cho said...

This is sweet and you know it!! And the fact you coloured this with markers and airbrush over a photocopy gives it that extra 90's feel and makes you a total pro.

It looks like the cover to a long lost issue -- the one where the X-men go to Australia to kidnap the brain of some ridiculously talented freelancer to transplant it into the head of another (unnamed) artist in Canada....

...but I digress.

4:42 AM  
Blogger heri said...

this is Dope Chris!!! also you're an updating machine!!!!


keep it up!

-still waiting for the caricature video


-heri

6:08 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

m cho- You're too kind, Mike.

I better tell Ashley Wood to keep his brain under lock and key. ;)

Heri- Thanks, Heri.

Video's coming. I just have to work out how to use my camcorder first.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have the program from that con.
It was my first big Comic con and that image is burned in my brain when I think of OzCon.
I have to bring that thing with me if I ever meet you to get you to sign it.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners